Sunday, June 17, 2012

I wanted to do my Finn blog entry but I want to do it with a good updated picture. So I will do that tomorrow! Things with Stella have been pretty good lately. She is such a good baby. I mean, at 2 months she was sleeping though the night and just very content. Lately shes been more fussy than usual. Not wanting to be put down and put in her swing. I worry when she is having a crying spurt but then she will be happy and smiling and back to her normal self.

She is just so hungry all the time! I spend hours nursing her and then end up supplementing with formula also when I got nothing left! I am hoping it's just a growth spurt. She is now 12 1/2 pounds and 25 inches long. My 2 main worries right now are a UTI or her needing a shunt. She has an MRI on July 5th. I am praying that foremost she does not need a shunt but if she does it is not an emergency situation.

I have been struggling a bit lately when I see other babies her age doing things she quite can't do. She is trying so hard to roll from back to tummy. She CAN roll from tummy to back, which is great! I just have to get over the sadness I feel. Especially when kids her age will be starting to walk. I think it's normal to periodically to feel a little sad but I try to snap out of it fast. We are lucky and blessed that she is thriving so well.

We recently added massage therapy to her list of daily activities. She seems to really be liking it. She is reaching more for toys and cooing and babbling a lot. When I took her to her 4 month wellness visit I filled out a questionnaire about her development. She scored very high in each category, except gross motor. She was a little below where a "typical" 4 month old is. It was great to see she scored so high in the communication area.




No comments: