Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Anymore surprises?

We are officially into our third trimester now. It's unreal how fast these last couple of months have gone. Next Friday I go in for another ultrasound (#7) to check on Stellas ventricle size. They are monitoring the fluid on her brain. Luckily, this ultrasound and the one 2 weeks after that are done at my doctors office in Bellingham. No more trips to Seattle until mid January to see our "team" down there and schedule our c-section.

Of course, more complications have rose up. My routine gestational diabetes test showed that I may be diabetic. When the nurse called, I really wasn't too upset. I have dealt with so much "bad" news and complications that I am just rolling with the punches. Yesterday I did another test. I fasted for almost 20 hours and had my blood drawn 4 times over a 3 hour period. I am hoping the doctor calls tomorrow with my results. I did a lot of research and feel like I do have many of the symptoms but a lot of the symptoms are common in a healthy pregnancy.

Everyday I still have my ups and downs. I have a horrible fear of going into premature labor. If I did go into labor early the doctors would try to stop it and if it didn't would be flown to Seattle, That's too crazy! I am trying to take it easy but I still have 2 little ones to care for a a house to take care of. I can't believe I worked until 37 weeks with Roman! I am so tired and sick all the time, I'm thankful I have the opportunity to rest throughout the day.

Stella is kicking all the time. I love every time I feel her move. I used to get annoyed with it with my past pregnancies, especially when I was ready to go to bed. This time, every time she moves it reminds me that she is alive and at least for now is safe in my tummy.

I finally went and saw the new Twilight movie. I am a pretty hardcore fan of the books and movies. No I didn't wait outside in line for hours to see the midnight showing, but just ask my husband.... He gets sick of me talking about it! And yes my first girl name was Bella but Sam shot that down fast! It was nice to get our for a couple hours with my best friend and just relax. I know people rag on Twilight but it really means something to me, deep down. And seeing Bellas love for her unborn baby despite the odds, reflect some of what I'm feeling. (Except I am not carrying a half human and half vampire kid :)

We are gonna paint Stellas nursery this week. She will probably do most of the painting while I sit and watch! I have 2 beautiful shades of purple picked out. I am going for a clean and simple look. White crib and bedding with purple accents like the wall color and rug.

Other than all of that, Sam and the boys are doing great. Roman can now write and spell his name. I almost cried the first time he did it. Since turning 4 he has changed so much. Finn is doing good too. His speech is incredible and he can speak full sentences.

Finn: "Roro look, it's Cat in the Hat!"

Roman: "No, I am busy playing DS."

Finn: "No Roro look!! It's Cat in the Hat book!!"

Roman: "Ohhh cool brother!"


I put a new hoodie on Finn the other day and Sam said "Hey Finn, cool hoodie!" Finn replied "My Grandma and Grandpa gave it to me!!"

No comments: